This section is where the individual CDP for vehicle delivery and pickup is configured. Each profile added will map to the Rate Rule where vehicle delivery is enabled. During the booking process, Rate Rules applicable to the Delivery will display in the booking widget and customer has to select accordingly.
- To create a Profile, go to Delivery > Calculation Profiles > Add New and fill in the necessary fields.
- Name - add the title of the vehicle delivery service/promo.
- Admin Notes - add a description relevant to the delivery service/promo.
- Vehicle Delivery - this section is mandatory by default.
- Included Distance - the distance included in the initial vehicle delivery charge.
- Initial Charge Code - the applicable charge code from your reservation system for this service.
- Additional Distance Range - the additional distance a delivery can be made
- Additional Distance Charge Code - the applicable charge code from your reservation system for this service.
Note: CDPs/Promo code that will be used for the Calculation Profile should be configured as EXTRAS on the reservation system. It should also be enabled on the CMS.
- Vehicle Pickup - can be optional. Complete the required fields as per Vehicle Delivery. If disabled, the customer will only have depot locations as options for the Return Location.
- How does the Calculation Profile work?
- The costs for delivery and pick up are configured in the Calculation Profile and are calculated separately.
- For each section, the distance inclusive of the initial charge can be set via a corresponding rate code on the reservation system.
- Different rate codes can be used for the additional distance and for the inclusive distance covered.
- For instance, the initial charge for Vehicle Delivery can be set with CDP123 that includes 5kms while the additional distance may have CDP456 set for every 10kms. The number of kilometers can be modified as needed.
- Each calculation will be shown in the Quote details, both for Vehicle Delivery and Vehicle Pickup.