This feature enables customers to request a vehicle to be delivered and picked up within the radius configured based on the depot location.
Also, Depots should be configured to allow vehicle delivery from them, as needed. Edit each Depot and on the right sidebar, tick Delivery available from this depot.
- To enable this function, navigate the CMS and click Delivery. Click the checkbox for Enable. Choose the Default delivery depot and Default Calculation Profile and save the changes.
- Delivery Modal Window – When the customer selects a pickup depot they will be presented with a modal screen which replaces the existing drop down menu. Here they can select from a list of
available depots or choose to have a vehicle delivered to them.
- The booking process is as follows:
- At the beginning of the booking process, the customer clicks the field for Pick-up Location in the booking widget and the delivery modal window appears. If the customer chooses “Deliver vehicle to me”, they will be presented with an expanded map where they can choose a location on a map or type the delivery address.
- The customer’s chosen address will be validated against pick-up depots that have been flagged for delivery based on a specified radius from those depots. If the customer chooses a delivery address that is outside the radius, they will be shown an error message indicating that delivery is not available to their chosen address.
- Customer clicks Choose this Address when the delivery address is filled in, which will then close the modal window.
- Customers follow the same steps for Return Location
Configuration of Delivery on Depots
- Tick the checkbox to enable Delivery on the sidebar of the depot page if the location is available for delivery. Set the Delivery Range (in kms) to limit the distance and availability of the Delivery.
- Leave the box unchecked to Disable the Delivery on depot pages where Delivery should not be available.
Related Article: Rate Rules