With the new Rate Rules, setting Single Rate and Multiple Rate with inclusive/exclusive Promos and Extras can be done directly in the CMS. CDPS/Promos that have been previously configured in the reservation system are added in this section and can be used to configure Booking Tiers, Relocations, Offers, and Affiliates. Additionally, it's now possible to set Extras/Coverage based on CDPs/Promos.
Coupons can also be Created and Configured in conjunction with Rate Rules along with the Instant Search feature.
The configuration of the following sections from the old platform have been migrated under Rate Rules:
- Introductory CDP - This applies to users or customers who have just signed up. A specific promo code will apply or be valid for a specific duration only.
Example: a user or customer can enjoy a 10% discount on rentals for the first 30 days upon signing up.
- Booking Tiers - Tiered pricing will provide the user or customer with payment options or tiers. The displayed Multiple rate options on the rates step are configured here. It's commonly used for pay now/pay later pricing or rates that are inclusive of coverages and/or optional extras.
- Payment Rules - This refers to the different promo codes which can be used for Offers and Affiliates.
- Custom Field - If the alternative ID (e.g. Gold Number or Customer Number) is enabled, Custom Fields in the Rate Rules sections have to be configured. This will display on the Book step in the booking process as shown in the image below:
Moreover, applicable CDPs or Promo Codes should be primarily added as an individual Rate Rule before configuring the following features:
- Optional Extras - To configure Extras/Coverages as inclusive/exclusive to Rate Rules, navigate dashboard and click Optional Extras > click Option Filters and set Extra/Coverage to be filtered based on Rate Rule.
Example: CDP 1234 will be displayed for Payment Tier 1 when selected but not for Payment Tier 2.
- Offers and Affiliates - Promo codes that were added in the old platform as Payment Rules should now be added to individual Rate Rules. Each Offer or Affiliate should have a corresponding rate rule.
- Relocations - Each one-way rental will have its own corresponding Rate Rule that maps to a promo code or rate code configured in the reservation system.
- Instant Search - A Rate Rule field is added in this page template that will allow several promotional landing pages like Monthly Rentals or Holiday promos to be created. These pages will display rates based on the configured Rate Rule. Please contact support to discuss adding this feature to your subscription.
To add a new Rate Rule, Navigate Dashboard > Rate Rules > Add New
Fields to fill in (*mandatory fields):
- Title*- enter a title for your pricing tier to be shown on the rates page.
Example: Booking Tiers: Pay Now; Pay Later
- Description - enter further information to explain the pricing tier or the CDPs/Promos.
- Rate Code* - generated by reservation system
- Public Code - an option to manually type the code to get the rates.
- Vehicle Delivery - If enabled, an additional field will appear with the label Vehicle Delivery Calculation Profile. Each profile is associated with a promo code or rate code that will map to a specific Rate Rule. Calculation profiles need to be configured in Delivery.
- Payment Type
- Credit Card - Pay for booking fully in advance with credit card gateway.
- Credit Card with split billing - Pay for vehicle rental in advance with credit card gateway. The customer collecting the vehicle will pay for optional extras (e.g. child seats or GPS) at the counter.
- Invoice - Company pays for all rentals via invoice each month.
- Invoice with split billing - No payment in advance or at the counter for vehicle renter. Company pays for all rentals via invoice each month.
- Pay on pickup - No payment in advance. Pay in full at the counter when picking up the vehicle
- Pay on pickup + Credit Card - Gives the user an option to Pay Later upon pickup/deliver or Pay Now via CC on the last step of the booking process.
- Vault - Store payment details for later billing. Customers will see a description on the cc field like "Your credit card will not be charged.", for instance during the booking process. Your reservation system and payment gateway will need to be configured/compatible to use vaulting.
- Vault with payment Invoice - Pay for the booking in advance and store payment details. This option is ideal if you have B2B clients who opted for monthly rentals. Your reservation system and payment gateway will need to be configured/compatible to use vaulting.
When Pay on pickup + Credit Card is selected, 2 options will be displayed to the customer during the last booking step: Pay on Pickup and Pay Now. The two options are controlled by separate Rate Rules which are assigned separately. Please see the image below on how it is displayed on the screen.
- Vehicle Availability - depending on reservation system. Select from;
- Don't Modify
- On Request
- Not Available
- Radio buttons
- Disable Upgrade Promotions - prevents upgrade promotions from being displayed on the final booking step if they are otherwise configured by default.
- Allow On Request - allows On Request bookings to be made (where possible depending on reservation system).
- Override Pricing With Label - enable to override the rate codes used for tiered pricing when a promo code is entered during the search. This prevents the tiered pricing from being displayed and ensures only the pricing applicable to the promo code is displayed. When enabled, a second field will display; Override Pricing Note, which can be used to display more information on the Rate screen.
- Enable Emails for OnRequest Bookings - when On Request is configured, enable to allow emails to be sent for On Request bookings.
- Custom Fields - allows the following custom fields to be added to the final booking step. Fields can be optional or mandatory by default.
- Gold Number
- Voucher Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Customer ID
- Single/Multiple Rate
- Single Rate - use Single Rate when no pricing tiers are defined. Commonly used for default promo codes or rate codes for offers, payment rules, etc.
- Multiple Rate - uMultiple Rate for tiered pricing. By default, 2 tiers will be shown when Multiple Rate is selected. To delete a tier, click the small bin icon on the pricing tier header row (only applicable on the 3rd tier)
- You can also add additional tiers by clicking Add tier. Up to 3 tiers can be configured.
- Each tier can have Pay Now and Pay Later options when Pay on Pickup + Credit Card is selected as Payment Type.
- Other Fields - These fields can be left empty. Populate as needed.
- Active date - the date from which the Rate Rule is usable. If left blank it is immediately active and usable.
- Expiry date - the date until which the Rate Rule can be used. If left blank the Promotion will never expire.
- Booking range start date - if there is a date in this field, any bookings using the Rate Rule must begin on or after the Start Date.
- Booking range end date - if there is a date in this field, any bookings using the Rate Rule must end on or before the End Date.
- Booking limit - the maximum number of bookings for which this Rate Rule can be used. Leave blank for "no limit".
- Booking Count - read-only field that shows the number of bookings that have been made using this Rate Rule.
- Password - if enabled, renters must enter the Password along with the Public Code to make a booking. Note this password does not relate to any reservation system password associated with the Pricing Code.
- Coupons - Manage Coupons
Click Save New Item once fields are complete.
Next: Rate Rules Settings