The Instant Search template allows for the creation of a page with live rates. This works by configuring default search parameters to instantly search for and display rates when the page is opened. This can be used to create specific promotional landing pages (e.g. pricing for a 3 day weekend) or monthly rates for long term rentals. This template uses a modified booking widget to perform searches.
To create an Instant Search page, in the CMS go to Pages > Add New.
On the right hand side panel, go to Page Attributes > Template and select the Instant Search Template.
Add your page title to create your permalink/URL slug.
Gutenberg editor blocks can also be used to add content below the title block, above the Instant Search results.
To add content below the Instant Search results, use the Content Blocks selector to add and edit content.
Complete the following fields to configure the Instant Search page:
1. Show Rates as Cards: the available rate card layouts are panel layout (below, left) and card layout (below, right). The panel layout shows the rate cards in a vertical list. The card layout displays the card in a 3 across grid format.
2. Show Return Location: enable/disable to show or hide the return location selector in the booking widget (cannot be used in conjunction with Show Pickup Date/Time).
3. Show Pickup Date: enable/disable to show pickup date selector (cannot be used in conjunction with Return Location selector).
4. Show Pickup Time: enable/disable to show pickup time selector (can only be used in conjunction with Pickup Date selector. Cannot be used in conjunction with Return Location selector).
5. Rate Rule: choose the applicable Rate Rule for each page created using this template for rates to display according to promos/CDPs configured on the selected Rate Rule.
6. Pickup Date Label: label text for Pickup Date selector on booking widget.
7. Pickup Time Label: label text for Pickup Time selector on booking widget.
8. Show Price For: price to display on rate card (e.g. for a long term rental, the monthly rate could be shown). "As chosen by user" will display the total for the duration selected in the booking widget.
9. Pricing Note: shown under the rate. Default text is "Includes taxes and charges".
10. Default Depot: the default depot to display in the booking widget.
11. Default Driver Age: the default driver age to apply to instant searches.
12. Default Lead Days: the number of days to commence the rental from the day the search is conducted (i.e. today + X lead days). The calculated date is highlighted in the Start Date selector (if in use) and displayed during booking.
13. Don't Gray Out Lead Days: enable/disable to allow customers to select a date prior to the date automatically calculated based on lead days setting.
14. Durations: select durations to display in Durations selector. These can be added via Booking > Duration Based Rentals > Durations.
15. Default Duration: the default duration to display in the booking widget. Rates displayed initially will reflect this duration.
16. Rental Start Time: the default time displayed in the booking widget and during booking steps.
17. Rental End Time: the default time displayed during booking steps.
To add a default Rate Code to the instant search template, use the Rate Code field in the right hand side panel.