If the pre-configured Catalogue templates (Offers, Vehicle, Depots) don't offer the level of customisation required, it's possible to use the Catalogue - Standard template to create a similarly formatted page. Using this templates allows for both internal and external content sources to be collated into the standard 3 across catalogue grid format.
An example of this could be a Special Offers page that is built as follows:
- a block/tile that links to an Offer created using the Offers module
- a block/tile that links to a landing page promo using a different page template
- a block/tile to links to a 3rd party partner site with a special offer
By using the Catalogue - Standard template, these can all be quickly and easily featured together on the same page with minimal page formatting required.
To create a standard Catalogue, in the CMS go to Pages > Add New.
On the right hand side panel, go to Page Attributes > Template and select the Catalogue > Standard template.
Using the "Alternate Deals Layout" section, add the number of blocks/tiles required by using the Add/Remove row buttons.
Add your image, title, excerpt and link/URL.
Recommended image size is 316x316 for square images or 316x211 for rectangular images. The images all need to be the same size to ensure a consistent layout on the page.
The image below shows an example of how the individual block/tile looks on the page using a 316x316 square image:
- Title: Great Offer (can be omitted)
- Excerpt: This is an excellent offer (can be omitted)
- More Details button: Links to URL provided
It's also possible to add related content at the bottom of this template using the "Related Content Tiles" content grid. This allows for Depots, Vehicles, Deals or a Custom HTML block to be added to the page.