The homepage slider is the first thing your customers will see when visiting your site. It's the large visual element at the top of the page, below the header that the booking widget attaches to.
The homepage slider can be used in many ways to highlight, feature and promote content on your site. Using high quality images for your homepage slider will really bring your homepage to life.
You can create as many slider images as you want. They transition every 5-6 seconds.
To configure you homepage sliders, in the CMS go to Slideshow > Add New.
1. Image - set a featured image for your slider. The optimal image size is 1920 x 600.
2. Title - set a title for you homepage slider. This will be displayed to the customer.
3. Text - add any additional text to display on the slider (promotional, descriptive, instructional etc).
4. Button Text - enter text to be displayed to create click through button.
5. URL to Link to - enter the URL to be linked to the button created in step 4.
6. Clickable Slide Instead of Button - enabling this setting allows the entire slide to be clicked instead of using a targeted button
Click Publish/Update once all details are complete. The newly created slider can be previewed on the staging site.
The booking widget is anchored to the Homepage Slider and the widget configuration affects how you can use the slider. More information on how these interact with each other can be found in this guide: Media Specifications/Configuration