To edit the Document Settings of any page, open the page for editing and go to the Document Settings panel on the right hand side. Use the toggle arrows/click the heading to expand the sections;
1. Status and Visibility: displays the current status of the page (public, private, password protected), the date it was first published (this is editable) and the author of the page. Also contains a "move to trash" button to delete the page.
2. Revisions: click this heading to review edits to the page. Opens in a new window.
3. Permalink: a post URL that does not expose the post ID. Contains a user-friendly post name ("URL slug") derived from the post title. A preview of the page can also be launched by clicking "View Page".
4. Featured Image: representative image for posts and pages, often displayed as a post thumbnail on landing pages.
5. Excerpt: optional text associated to a post. Most of the time, it is used as the post summary.
6. Page Attributes: drop down for selecting page templates and assigning parent pages. Parent/child linking of pages allows them to be ordered in more logical manner in content panels and within the Pages admin tab. Use the order field to assign a display order number where multiple child pages exist for a parent page.
7. Promo Code: enter a promo code in this field to auto-populate the promo code field in the booking widget when a customer visits the page.
8. Booking Bar: enable/disable the booking widget from being displayed on the page.
9. Visibility: change the visibility of page (everyone, logged in (all), logged in (retail), logged in (corporate) depending on website setup and customer login configuration. Not applicable to all subscription packages.