You can quickly setup Google Tag Manager (GTM) by uploading the attached GTM JSON container.
UNIVERSAL ANALYTICS Configuration
Replace the value "YOUR_UA_TRACKING_ID" with the Google Universal Analytics ID for your website.
Here are some general instructions on importing a container into GTM: https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2015/08/26/import-container-google-tag-manager/?ns=l
Google Analytics ( GA4 ) Configuration
To set up GA4 Ecommerce tracking, you will need to download the GA4 JSON container file and import it into GTM.
How to import and set up the JSON file:
- Download the GA4 JSON container file for Ecommerce tracking above or here.
- On your GTM Admin dashboard, click Admin and then select Import Container.
- Choose the downloaded JSON file.
- Select Merge and Rename conflicting tags, triggers and variables before hitting confirm. You can refer to the screenshot provided for guidance.
- Update the placeholder fields in GTM with your specific information. Click and edit the value field of the following Variable:
- const - analytics account code - "YOUR_UA_TRACKING_ID" with your GA4 property ID
- const - default currency - "YOUR_DEFAULT_CURRENCY" with your default currency (e.g. USD)
- const - ga4 measurement id - "YOUR_G-XXXXXXXXX_MEASUREMENT_ID" with your GA4 measurement ID
5. Preview the workspace changes before submitting them to ensure everything is set up correctly.
If you have any further questions or encounter issues during this process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our technical support team for assistance.